Deadly drones (Image via Veterans For Peace)
Please join us for a very important symposium “Inside Drone Warfare: Perspectives of Whistleblowers, Families of Drone Victims and Their Lawyers” on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 from 6 – 9 pm in the Thomas & Mack Moot Court Facility at the William S. Boyd School of Law [part of University of Nevada Las Vegas]. RSVP by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Marjorie Cohn – Professor at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law, former President of the National Lawyers Guild and editor of the recently released “Drones and Targeted Killing”.
2. Stephen Lewis – former drone sensor operator – 3rd Special Operations Squadron, U.S. Air Force, and one of four former members of the U.S. drone program to call on President Obama to halt drone attacks.
3. Jesselyn Radack – Director – Whistleblower & Source Protection Program (WHISPeR), who is representing former members of the drone program.
4. Shelby Sullivan-Bennis – Counter-terrorism Case Worker –Reprieve.org. She will show a video-taped interview with a Yemeni man discussing the impact of U.S. drone attacks and will discuss the scope of Reprieve’s work in representing families of drone victims.
5. Rev. Chris Antal – Chaplain – U.S. Army Reserve and Unitarian Universalist minister who was reprimanded and returned to the U.S. after preaching a sermon critical of U.S. war in Afghanistan, including drone attacks.
67. Brian Terrell – a counter-drone war organizer and civil resister, will summarize the presentations and discuss action that can be taken, particularly as part of the Shut Down Creech protest.
Veterans For Peace
Nevada Desert Experience
Know Drones USA
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. She is a Registered Mental Nurse with a Masters in Gender Culture and Development. Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”.