About 4 days earlier clashes took place between Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate and armed Daesh fighters in northern parts of Zabul province, lasting for about 24 hours. The Islamic Emirate would like to present the following brief clarification concerning the incident.
1. Contradictory to media propaganda and interpretation, this clash was not some sort of infighting between Islamic Emirate nor was it an operation by Taliban against its local rivals. Rather the fighting occurred against those elements claiming to be fighters of Daesh who heaped allegations of rebellion, proxy and other hideous labels upon the Islamic Emirate and called the Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate apostates. These elements had also previously rebelled against the Islamic Emirate in Nangarhar and caused heavy damage to the Mujahideen and civilians alike:
These fighters who were openly shouting the slogans of Daesh for the past several months and ruled tyrannically upon the locals and Mujahideen under these slogans, carried out kidnappings of innocent people for money and other purposes, usurped local homes and property, carried out extra-judicial killings, kidnapped women and children of Muslims and used these women as slave concubines and also committed many other clear violations of Shariah and detrimental activities to the extent that they began pushing the local population towards a dangerous ethnic, sectarian war. They committed these acts all the while rebuffing the preventative petitions forwarded by the Islamic Emirate, local scholars and elders, only responding to the reconciliatory delegations sent by the Islamic Emirate by saying that you are rebels for not pledging allegiance to Daesh and we shall not listen to your advices. This state of affair finally pushed the situation towards armed conflict.
2. The Islamic Emirate in cooperation with the local Ulama and elders spent a lot of energy for a protracted period of time to try and resolve the issue at hand and over the past two and a half months dispatched a powerful competent delegation consisting of respected scholars, Jihadi commanders and several high ranking officials tasked with handling the situation. And similarly the respected scholars, elders and the influential people of Zabul tried tirelessly to prevent these elements from transgression and unlawful acts and return them to following the rules of Islamic Emirate or guidance of Islam as a whole however these people who claimed to be working under the orders of Daesh arrogantly rejected all these reconciliatory efforts.
3. The fighting was not against those elements that claim to be a rival faction within the Emirate. There is no other person present in these areas claiming a separate Emirate other than Mansoor Dadullah. It was only Mansoor Dadullah who allied with Daesh elements to strengthen in powerbase. After the Islamic Emirate gave up on getting Daesh elements to understand, it launched separate parallel efforts to try and get Mansoor Dadullah to break ties with Daesh but after repeated negotiations and breaking covenants, he remained with Daesh and begun open enmity with the Islamic Emirate. This despite the fact that the Islamic Emirate has been providing all types of aid to his family over the past several years and has personally given him monetary aid on many occasions and presented him with various leadership positions which he rejected.
4. The goal and philosophy behind the rise and establishment of Islamic Emirate was to safeguard the nation from oppression, transgression, factionalism, corruption and sedition and based on the order of Allah Almighty combat the crimes of murderers, thieves, kidnappers and tyrants.
Our late leader, Amir ul Mumineen Mullah Muhammad Umar Mujahid (may Allah have mercy on him), laid the foundations of Islamic Emirate some twenty odd years ago for these very goals; to withhold the hand of the oppressor from the oppressed, to combat corruption, sedition, civil war, anarchy and all types of chaos and anti-Islamic activities and furnish this believing nation with a serine life. The Islamic Emirate, as a Shariah-based system, is committed to these religious obligations and will oppose every entity without discrimination which seeks to step upon the rights of human beings and Shariah regulations.
The Islamic Emirate, learning from the history of Islam as well as the current and past experiences of our homeland, believes that if such sedition is not combated in its proper time than the situation will spiral to the chaotic period of factionalism of the 90s and Allah forbid, all the fruits of Jihad, immigration and sacrifices for an Islamic system of our nation will be lost. The Islamic Emirate, in the light of Shariah law and in accordance with the edict of the scholars, considers it its religious obligation to eliminate all such sedition before they take root.
5. The Islamic Emirate, as a last resort, carefully designed the military operation in order to nip in the bud this fitnah in accordance with the documented, substantiated and powerful edict issued by renowned scholars of the country. It dispatched its most battle hardened and experienced Mujahideen to conduct these operations so that it is executed properly with negligible losses. These operations were only carried out by the Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate and reports about participation by others are absolutely baseless.
6. The propaganda by international media outlets concerning the Zabul incident, length of fighting and casualty numbers in these operations are far less than publicized. The casualties on both sides during the fighting are less than expected before the operation. Most of the opposition fighters surrendered after brief altercation and are currently living with their families in a secure area under the surveillance of Mujahideen. The situation in the area has returned to normal, Allah Almighty has easily brought the stand-off to an end and closed the doors on sedition. There is currently no fighting in the area nor are there any factors of fighting remaining.
7. The businessmen and other innocent civilians kidnapped from Ghazni, Nangarhar and other provinces and held with the Daeshis have all been freed by the Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate. The Kabul intelligence apparatus is falsely claiming that they have freed the detainees, something which they failed to do over the course of the entire year.
8. The propaganda by some media outlets that a martyrdom attack has targeted the Islamic Emirate’s governor for Zabul, the head of military battalion and other Mujahideen and has caused them losses are also untrue. Neither has any such incident taken place nor has any official of the Islamic Emirate been harmed in the fighting.
9. Some malicious circles are spreading rumors that fighting is still ongoing in the area even though it ended in the first 24 hour period, the entire area came under the control of Islamic Emirate and the casualties were also far less than publicized by the media therefore it is hoped that the sincere Muslims should not become victims of enemy propaganda.
10. All the officials, respected scholars, writers and analysts of the Islamic Emirate must exert efforts to clarify this issue to the ordinary Muslims, work on their mindsets and keep the ordinary Muslims united and aware about the latest conspiracies of the enemies in these sensitive times.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
27/01/1437 Hijri Lunar
20/08/1394 Hijri Solar 11/11/2015 Gregorian
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights/WOT and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. (She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”)