Post via Islamic Emirate
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
قال الله تبارک و تعالی : إنهم لهم المنصورون، وإن جندنا لهم الغالبون. الصافات (۱۷۱ – ۱۷۲(
Translation: “[That] indeed, they would be made triumphant (Mansuroon). And verily, our soldiers will be the victors.” (171-172:37)
Although over the course of the 15-year Jihad the foreign occupiers have suffered heavy casualties and a large number of the coalition have withdrawn from our lands yet under American leadership some unjust countries insist on the continued occupation of Afghanistan. They prioritize war over peace, increasing their troop numbers and dropping ever larger bombs on our territory. They employ numerous tactics and strategies in order to prolong the occupation and keep our faithful and independent nation under their vassalage. The Islamic Emirate therefore has determined that with the advantageous weather we once again launch our yearly spring offensive against the foreign forces and their internal allies named Operation Mansouri.
The fact that under the leadership of Shaheed Amir ul Mu’mineen Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour the Mujahideen gained various decisive victories, annihilated highway robbers and impious people, foiled various seditions and intrigues, leaped forward in the political and social arenas, humiliated various foreign powers compelling them to leave our land, and achieve copious other proud milestones, thus we supplicate to Allah Almighty that through the martyred’s blessed name – Operation Mansouri – He Almighty consecrate this Operation so that throughout its duration our sacred land is cleansed from the remaining foreign aggressors and other impious and corrupt elements.
With the help of Allah Almighty and the infinite sacrifices of our Mujahid nation the foreign forces have suffered a historic defeat having been forced to admit that the Mujahideen control more than half of Afghanistan. Hence, keeping the evolving situation in mind, this year’s Mansouri Operations will differ from previous ones in nature and will be conducted with a twin-tracked political and military approach.
In the political sphere:
- i) In those areas that have been cleansed from the enemy and under the full control of the Mujahideen, particular attention will be paid to establishing mechanisms for social justice and development so that our people can live a secure and prosperous life.
- ii) In cleansed districts and areas state-building will earnestly proceed and institutions will be erected to secure the social, security, and legal rights of the citizens.
iii) In all the conquered areas special dawah and propagation apparatus will be set up to help those deceived by the enemy see the truth of our struggle, relinquish their opposition and return back to their villages and their people.
In the military sphere:
- i) In those areas where the Mujahideen do not have full control, the enemy will be targeted, harassed, killed, or captured until they are compelled to abandon their few remaining posts.
- ii) The main focus of Operation Mansouri will be on foreign forces, their military and intelligence infrastructure and in eliminating their internal mercenary apparatus.
iii) These operations will involve conventional attacks, guerrilla warfare, complex martyrdom attacks, insider attacks, and use of IEDs to achieve their objectives. With the help of Allah Almighty.
- iv) During these operations the Mujahideen will be required to scrutinize their targets and places so as to minimize civilian casualties paying heed to the principles of necessity and proportionality.
In the spirit that the eighth of Saur has become a historic day in our annals against Warsaw Pact and the Red Army, so Operation Mansouri will also be launched on 8th Saur 1396 of the Solar Hijri calendar; corresponding with first of Sha’ban 1438 and 28th April 2017 in the Lunar Hijri and Gregorian calendars respectively; in all the nation’s provinces. They will be initiated at 5 am local time with the cries of Allah is Great, targeting the foreign forces and their bases. We request from civilians – in order to minimize collateral damage – that they avoid enemy bases and their military and intelligence personnel and to assist their Mujahideen brothers by all means possible.
Leadership Council of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
01/08/1438 Lunar Hijri 08/02/1396 Solar Hijri 28/04/2017 Gregorian
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights/WOT and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. She is a Registered Mental Nurse with a Masters in Gender Culture and Development. Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”.