Kashmiris reject India crying “Azadi ya maut” Freedom or Death,
(Image via Verso)
Post by Essar Batool
1. Kill people- Check
2. Gag local media- check
3. Cut off all communication lines- Check
4. Bring in Indian media to extol the virtues of ‘fallen’ soldiers- check
5. Day curfew aside, place night curfews too- Check
6. Ensure blockade of essentials, starting with fuel- Check
7. Book international human rights organisations for sedition- Check
8. Suspend officials responsible for a fallen flag of a fallen nation- Check
India remains a shameless coward, no matter how much it boasts of its military might on its Independence Day. You know it is a failed state when it resorts to all cheap tactics in the bag to kill people and hush up the voices for freedom.
Little does India know that such things would have stopped the people long back, if it were effective really and we wouldn’t be looking at 40+ days of continuous resistance in the face of the dirty Indian occupation of Kashmir.
Image via Gowhar Nazir
Rising Kashmir video
“Curfew, restrictions and curbs continued to remain in force throughout Kashmir for the 40th consecutive day. Rising Kashmir brings to you the video footage of the past five days during which the government banned internet services to its office.”
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights/WOT and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. She is a Registered Mental Nurse with a Masters in Gender Culture and Development. Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”.