Post via Islamic Emirate July 11th 2019
Over the past few days the American invaders and their domestic allied troops have intensified airstrikes and raids on hospitals and health centers across the country which have resulted in the destruction of multiple clinics as well as martyrdom, injury and detention of many health workers including reputable doctors.
– On Tuesday, combined US and local troops carried out a raid on a vital health clinic that provided services to many people in Tangi valley of Chak district, Maidan Wardak province, during which they martyred 4 individuals including 2 doctors and abducted another.
– A similar raid was carried out on a clinic in Bakwa district center, Farah province, resulting in large part of the facility damaged, all doors and windows broken and all medicine and essentials destroyed.
– A raid was carried out on CHC health clinic in Kajaki district of Helmand province during which the facility was heavily damaged and 2 doctors abducted.
– An ambulance of Babaji clinic in Helmand provincial capital was destroyed with an airstrike.
– Manager (Doctor Gul Ahmad) of Shilgar district Emergency Clinic, Ghazni province, along with another doctor were martyred by a US airstrike.
Moreover, a campaign by Americans and their domestic supporters of systematically targeting hospitals and health clinics is underway in other parts of the country as well.
Health Commission of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan strongly condemns such reckless attacks and deliberate targeting of health centers and considers such actions a war crime and violation of all humanitarian norms.
It calls upon the World Health Organization, humanitarian institutions, right groups and other advocacy agencies to condemn these brutal US actions against health centers in Afghanistan, to launch a comprehensive investigation and prevent such war crimes from reoccurring.
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
Commission for Health Affairs
08/11/1440 Hijri Lunar 20/04/1398 Hijri Solar 11/07/2019 Gregorian
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights/WOT and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. She was a Registered Mental Nurse with a Masters in Gender Culture and Development. Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”.