Report full of grief was received that last Wednesday (10/10/2018) about an air and ground operations carried out by the American invaders and their internal mercenaries in Shawal area (Gul Agha Bazaar) of Nad-Ali district in Helmand province. As is now become the norm, the brutal and savage enemy inflicted heavy casualties on the innocent and defenseless civilian people. In this tragic incident, 19 civilians including women and children were martyred and 30 more were injured while four civilian houses were completely demolished and some of their vehicles were also destroyed.
Names of the martyred ones:
- Abdul Baqi and his wife, his three daughters and five sons whose names are as following:
In this way, ten members of one and the same family were martyred.
- Qutratullah’s wife who was married just two months ago.
- Four civilian way-farers were targeted and martyred by the enemy’s helicopters.
- Two civilians going to the bazaar were martyred by the enemy from inside their tanks.
- Two civilians travelling in their mini-van type vehicle to Lashkar-Gah city (the center of Helmand province) were martyred in the indiscriminate bombing of the enemy’s jets.
Names of the injured people:
- Abdul Ghaffar
- Abdul Malik
- Gul Agha
- Khan Agha
- Jamil Ahmad (just one month aged child)
- Abdul Salam
- Said Ahmad
- Twelve civilians including women and children who were travelling to Lashkar-Gah city in their mini-van type vehicle.
- Five civilians who were going to the bazaar on their motorbikes.
- Three daughters of Abdul Ghaffar
In this way, a total of nineteen civilians were martyred while thirty people were injured.
Houses and vehicles destroyed in bombing and mortar shelling:
Houses of Abdul Baqi, Karimullah, Sharifullah and Abdul Salam comprising 45 rooms were demolished.
In these houses, 9 animals, 45 kharwar (nearly 25200 kg) wheat, 4 solar panels, 4 water pumps, and 1 tractor belonging to Abdul Baqi were completely destroyed.
The Islamic Emirate Commission for the Prevention of Civilian Casualties and Inquiry of Complaints condemns this terrible war crime as well as crime against humanity in the strongest terms on behalf of its honorable leadership, by extending condolences to the bereaved families of the above martyred and injured civilians. We pray to Almighty Allah that the pious spirits of the martyred are bestowed with Jannah and the injured are recovered as soon as possible. We fully share their griefs and sorrows suffered by them in this tragic incident.
Commission of the Islamic Emirate for the prevention of civilian casualties and inquiry of complaints.
05/01/1440 Hijri Lunar
23/07/1387 Hijri Solar 15/10/2018 Gregorian
Carol Anne Grayson is an independent writer/researcher on global health/human rights/WOT and is Executive Producer of the Oscar nominated, Incident in New Baghdad. She is a former Registered Mental Nurse with a Masters in Gender Culture and Development (Distinction). Carol was awarded the ESRC, Michael Young Prize for Research 2009, and the COTT ‘Action = Life’ Human Rights Award’ for “upholding truth and justice”. She is also a survivor of US “collateral damage”.